There are vegetables and there are vegetables smoked or grilled with bacon. Lightly oiled spears of asparagus kissed by smoke and heat are fabulous, I prefer them with a little something extra. Enter: Parmesan cheese
- Prereheat Smoker or grill with Good-One Lump Charcoal to 250 degrees F
- Clean asparagus in cold water
- Remove woody ends, grab stalk of asparagus at either end and bend until it snaps. It will naturally snap where it starts to get tough.
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Three Little Pig’s All Purpose Rub and Parmesan cheese
- Take a hand full and wrap with thin cut bacon into bundles.
- Lightly apply more Three Little Pig’s All Purpose Rub and Parmesan cheese on the bundles
- Smoke in Smoker until the bacon crisps up, usually 35-45 minutes.
Chris Marks CBBQE (Chief BBQ Expert) Three Little Pig’s Rubs & Sauces and Good-One Smoker/Grills