Smoked beef brisket and corn chowder. Corn chowder is a great way to use up leftover smoked brisket!
- 1-pound smoked beef Brisket, shredded or chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, halved, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, diced into 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes
- 5 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of Thee Little Pig’s Championship Rub
- Heat oil in 6-quart stock pot on medium-low heat until hot; add leek. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until potato is tender. Remove from heat.
- Add 2 cups potato mixture to blender container. Pulse on and off until smooth. Roughly mash remaining potato mixture in stock pot for chunky consistency; combine with blended mixture in same pot. Add corn, cream, Championship rub, chopped beef Brisket. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cook 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with cheese, cilantro, lime, hot sauce and avocado, as desired.
Chris Marks (CBBQE) Chief BBQ Expert Three Little Pig’s BBQ Rubs/Sauces & Good-One Manufacturing.