Stuffed jalapeno peppers are not fried, these can be baked, grilled, or smoked. These are stuffed with cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and little smokies. When making these I like to add Three Little Pig’s Championship rub. Chipotles are smoked jalapeno peppers. They give a wonderfully smokey flavor without too much heat.
You can cook these either in the oven or on the grill. When I bake these, I bake these at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Sometimes if the peppers are a little larger, I may bake these for a little longer. You want to cook these until the bacon is done.
- 1-pound little smoky sausages
- 1 package softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of Three Little Pig’s Championship Rub
- 1/2 lb. thin cut Bacon, sliced into 1/2’s (partially cooked if you want it a little crispier)
- 1-pound large fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Preheat the oven to smoker/grill to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Mix the cream cheese, Championship rub and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture into each jalapeno.
- Add a little smoky sausage on top of the cream cheese.
- Wrap each Jalapeno with Bacon.
- Place the stuffed Jalapenos on the smoker/grill. (Sprinkle with more rub if desired)
- Smoke/grill for 30 minutes in the preheated smoker, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Chris Marks (CBBQE) Chief BBQ Expert Three Little Pig’s BBQ Rubs/Sauces & Good-One Manufacturing.