How do you smoke a pork loin?
Set the temperature to 250F on the smoker. Arrange the Pork loins on the grill grate and smoke until the internal temperature of the pork is at least 145F (medium-rare), 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
How long do you smoke a pork loin per pound?
Smoked 3-4-pound pork loins to meat temperature 145 took about 2 hours to reach 145 smoking at 250 degrees. Added a light wood like Cherry, Apple or Peach as soon as you put the pork loin on the smoker, no need to add any more wood after that. Nice smoked favor, moist and tender Resulted in medium cook.
How long do you brine pork loin?
Immerse pork loin in the cooled brine mixture, and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight (up to 24 hours) turning occasionally if necessary for even brining.
Can pork loin be over brined?
While under-brining won’t have a negative effect of foods, over-brining can be disastrous. Either using too much salt or brining for too long will leave you with a cut of meat that is too salty to eat. … While some cuts of pork can use days in a brine, even a relatively small amount of time can be helpful.
How do you make a brine solution?
Basic brine ratio: The basic ratio of salt to water for a brine is 4 tablespoons of salt per 1 quart (4 cups) of water. In a container large enough to hold your meat (and preferably with a lid to avoid sloshing), dissolve the salt in the water. Add your pork loin
Video On how to trim and prep a full pork loin: Pork Loin Video
Three Little Pig’s Smoked Pork Loin
- 9 lb pork loin, cut into (3) 3-lb
- Grape Seed Oil
- Three Little Pig’s Touch of Cherry Rub
- Three Little Pig’s Competition BBQ Sauce
- Trim fat down and clear any heavy silver skin , cut the large pork loin into a manageable size, best is around 3lbs.
- Coat the loins in olive oil than liberal coat of Three Little Pig’s Touch of Cherry Rub.
- Set the temperature to 250F on the smoker. Add choice of flavor wood. Arrange the Pork loins on the grill grate and smoke until the internal temperature of the pork is at least 145F (medium-rare), 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Glaze the finished Pork Loin with Three Little Pig’s Competition BBQ sauce for the last 5 minutes.
Chris Marks CBBQE (Chief BBQ Expert) Three Little Pig’s Rubs & Sauces and Good-One Smoker/Grills