The recipe is as follows: take a log of Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage (or any other brand of your choosing), remove it from the packaging and roll it in Three Little Pig’s All Purpose Rub. Be sure to get good coverage. Smoke this log for a couple of hours between 225-250°F or until you reach the temperature 160°F. Slice into mouth-watering medallions and prepare to be popular.
These are perfect little appetizers and/or breakfast food. They go perfect on a breakfast biscuit or Hawaiian roll.
Video with Chris Marks of Three Little Pig’s Rubs & Sauces showing how to prepare (Jimmy Dean) tube breakfast sausage fo a BBQ smoker.
- 1 Pound Roll of Tube Sausage
- Three Little Pigs All Purpose Rub
- Setup smoker to smoke at 225 degrees using your favorite flavor wood or pellet. (Pecan)
- Unwrap tube of Pork sausage roll.
- Roll the surface of sausage in the Three Little Pigs All Purpose rub.
- Place the Sausage Roll in smoker and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees (approximately 45-60 minutes)
- Remove the Sausage roll from the smoker and cut into medallions.
Chris Marks CBBQE (Chief BBQ Expert) Three Little Pig’s Rubs & Sauces and Good-One Smoker/Grills