Slow cooked baked beans done in the smoker have a Rich, Sweet and Smokey flavor that cannot match beans done in the oven or slow cooker.
- 2 lbs. 80% Lean Ground Beef
- 64 oz. Pork & Beans
- 1 Small bottle maple syrup
- 1 TBSP Memphis Dry Rub
- 1 ½ Cups of Brown Sugar
- 2 TBSP of Three Little Pig’s Touch of Chery Rub
- 1 lb. Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 36 oz. Kidney or red Beans drained
- 1 Small Onion
- ½ cup of Yellow Mustard
- ½ Bottle of Three Little Pig’s Competition BBQ Sauce
- ½ Pound of smoked chopped brisket or pork chopped.
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces, put in large pot over medium heat until done. Do not drain grease.
- Add Hamburger, chopped onions and Memphis Rub. Cook on Medium heat until Hamburger is browned.
- Add Pork and Beans, kidney beans, Maple Syrup, Touch of Cherry Rub, brown sugar, brisket or pork, mustard and BBQ Sauce
- Start Smoker and add favorite flavor wood, I prefer wild cherry. Smoke at 275 degrees for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
Note: If you are cooking briskets or pork butts at the sometime put the beans directly under and let rendered juices drop into the beans for extra BBQ flavor.
Chris Marks CBBQE (Chief BBQ Expert) Three Little Pig’s Rubs & Sauces and Good-One Smoker/Grills