BACON-WRAPPED, JALAPENO AND CHEESE-STUFFED SHRIMP
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and rinsed
- Three Little Pig’s All Purpose Rub
- 2 oz Monterey Jack cheese, cut into thin strips
- 3 jalapenos, halved, seeded, and cut into thin slices
- 1 pound bacon strips, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 bottle of Sweet Chili Tie Sauce
Place shrimp in a large bowl and season with Three Little Pigs All Purpose rub, tossing to evenly coat.
Working with one shrimp at a time, make a slit about 3/4-inch long as base of shrimp. Place one jalapeno slice and one cheese slice in cut slit, then wrap base of shrimp all the way around with half a slice of bacon. Repeat with rest of shrimp.
Thread shrimp onto skewers and season lightly with remaining spice mixture. Brush shrimps lightly with melted butter
Grill/Smoke shrimp over until bacon crisps and shrimp just cook through, Remove to a platter and glaze with sweet chili tie sauces and Three Little Pig’s Competition BBQ Sauce.
Chris Marks (CBBQE) Chief BBQ Expert- Three Little Pig’s Rubs/Sauces & Good-One Smoker/Grill